Subject: Re: [boost] Preview 3 of the Geometry Library
From: Mathias Gaunard (mathias.gaunard_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-17 13:44:10

Michael Marcin wrote:

> Do you mean typedef in the literal sense?

Yes and no.
The circle concept could be equal to the 2-nsphere concept, if you prefer.
And the circle class (or template class) that implements this concept
could be a real typedef of the nsphere template class.

> Template
> typedefs aren't available until C++0x.

Yet you can do it in C++03, it's just slightly more verbose (::type).
I don't see how template typedefs are related to concepts though.

> Is this library still targeting
> the current standard?

I suppose so.
It's true using C++0x would make it cleaner, but you can have the same
features in C++03 for not much more verbosity.