Subject: Re: [boost] Preview 3 of the Geometry Library
From: Simonson, Lucanus J (lucanus.j.simonson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-21 13:58:11

Stjepan wrote:
>Could get<0>(p) return an object (convertible to the coordinate type,
>so it can also be used for read access) with an overloaded assignment
>operator that does the appropriate thing for write access in such a
>point class? It seems like that would solve the problem, but I'm not
>sure about any drawbacks.

That is very creative, and would work, cool. However, requiring the user of the library to be creative and solve tricky problems like this is what I'd like to avoid by defining an interface that makes their lives easier. I want them to take the library for granted, and not appreciate how hard it was to write.

Luke