Subject: Re: [boost] [test] Problems building Boost.Test
From: Daniel Walker (daniel.j.walker_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-22 22:39:14

On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 3:48 PM, Steven Watanabe <watanabesj_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> AMDG
>
> Daniel Walker wrote:
>>>
>>> toolset=darwin should work better.
>>>

>> Ah! I wasn't expecting a separate toolset for gcc on OSX. No other OS
>> has a separate gcc toolset. But yeah, that did the trick. It also
>> works for 4.3 built from the gcc source distribution. Thanks!
>>

> You should probably use the gcc toolset if you build gcc from the source.

The gcc toolset doesn't work for me for either Apple's gcc build or my
own. It still complains about the -h option being passed to the
linker.

> Apple's gcc is a little different from the standard gcc.

>From fiddling with this a little, I'm getting the impression that the
difference is mainly Apple's linker; i.e. gcc is the same, but
/usr/bin/ld is different - not the usual gnu binutils, which makes
sense, I suppose.

Daniel Walker