Subject: Re: [boost] [test] linking does not return
From: Vladimir Prus (vladimir_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-27 15:52:30

k-oli_at_[hidden] wrote:

> Hello,
> I've some test files but the link-step does not return (waits forever).
>
> gcc.link
> ../../../bin.v2/libs/tp/test/test_bounded_queue_fifo.test/gcc-4.3.1/debug/link-static/threading-multi/test_bounded_queue_fifo

If the linker fails to complete, it is a bug in the linker. You probably can report that to the
binutils folks. If you're on debian, you should report it to debian folks, using reportbug tool,
or however it's called these days. Of course, a minimal test case will be desired. If you can
attach to linker with gdb and figure where it's stuck, it might help too.

If you're building on a network disk, you might want to try on local -- I used to get hangs like
this when a file was open in Windows via samba.

- Volodya