Subject: Re: [boost] [Timer] Inconsistent behaviour
From: Philippe Vaucher (philippe.vaucher_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-30 09:00:40

> I've got a much better timer with uniform behavior across Windows and
>> POSIX.

Just FYI, I started a new & improved boost::timer interface a long time ago
but had a crazy rush of work which made me put it on the side for a while. I
should eventually find some time to finish it but I have no clue when this
will happen. I'm not even sure it still works with the current version of
boost.

Here is my work: http://www.unitedsoft.ch/boost/

As you see, the main idea was to have a templated timer class that accepts a
device class, which could use various apis for the timeing. Problems still
to solve was thread safety, speed steping and how to hierachize them (should
we provide compile-time selection as well?) in order to provide portable
behavior.

Hope it helps,
Philippe