Subject: Re: [boost] [1.37.0][date-time] Breaking the log jam
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-31 14:26:19

Here is a suggestion for anyone who wants to do a "point release"
or "hot fix" which applies to just a specific library.

a) Start out with a release tree on your development system
b) Switch the directories you want to change to "trunk". For
date-time I would guess this boost/date_time and libs/date_time.
c) Make your changes and test them on your machine.
d) Commit changes, will go into the trunk
e) Wait a week to verify that trunk tests are OK
f) Switch back to release for your directories
g) Merge changes into release -ready.
h) Wait a little bit to watch tests on release - ready branch.
i) NOW - make a hot fix release.
    choose one of the following:
    1) make a zip file with just boost/date_time and libs/date_time
directories.
    2) make a unified diff between the above two directories
    3) for those who suffer from release manager envy
        i) makean SVN branch date_time 1.37 hot fix from the 1.37 tag
        ii) merge in changes on these two directories from release-ready
branch
        ii) invoke procedure to create release on this branch. Name your
        "thing" 1.37 + date_time hot fix.

Robert Ramey