Subject: Re: [boost] Building software with Boost
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-01 07:47:13

On Sat, Nov 1, 2008 at 12:43 AM, Lasse Kärkkäinen
<tronic+67zr_at_[hidden]<tronic%2B67zr_at_[hidden]>
> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> There are two questions for which I have found no answers:
>
> 1. When exactly are -mt (multithreaded) versions of the libraries
> needed?
>
> 2. Boost.System was added in 1.35 and apparently some of the old
> libraries also depend on it in new Boost versions. Are the inter-library
> dependencies of Boost actually documented somewhere, or does one need to
> guess?

On the boost-cmake list there is working going on right now on visualizing
dependencies. A fresh dependencies chart was posted a couple of days ago.
This work is still incomplete, but is showing great promise.

--Beman