Subject: [boost] Boost.Build doc changes
From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-01 09:45:43

FYI,
I've committed, and then merged to release branch, the following doc changes:

1. https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/changeset/49508, which makes Jamroot list some
of the properties that user might want to specify.

2. https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/changeset/49511, which revises the Boost.Build
docs on configuration and invocation. The problem with the previous docs was that
the information a newbie user (of C++ Boost, or of any other project) would have
to look at a bunch of pages to understand everything -- e.g. command line syntax
was split into two pages, and there was huge unlinked list of features on yet
another page. Now, the "Configuration" and "Invocation" sections are supposed
to say mostly everything needed for a quickstart.

I also though that getting started needs update, to link to those pages,
and to use toolset= as opposed to --toolset=, but it does not seem like
there's time for that.

- Volodya

--
Vladimir Prus