Subject: Re: [boost] new libaray Boost.Fiber in vault
From: Hartmut Kaiser (hartmut.kaiser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-01 14:24:30

> Am Samstag, 1. November 2008 14:43:53 schrieb Mathias Gaunard:
> > k-oli_at_[hidden] wrote:
> > > I've added Boost.Fiber to the boost vault.
> > > The library implements lightweight threads of execution (context
> > > swapping; fibers on Windows).
> >
> > Are you aware that there is already a library in the work that does
> > this, Boost.Coroutine?
>
> Yes but it doesn't compile on my systems.

I'm using it in mission critical code and it works just fine.

> I need a Fiber library for the threadpool library.
> Coroutines are a form of control flow and fibers are a systems-level
> construct.

The Coroutines library is built on top of a context switching/fibers
component supporting better/faster context switching than yours (at least on
gcc based platforms), currently.

Clearly some integration would be really nice, IMHO.

Regards Hartmut