Subject: Re: [boost] [signals2][review] The review of the signals2 library (formerly thread_safe_signals) begins today, Nov 1st
From: Johan Råde (rade_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-03 15:31:15

Frank Mori Hess wrote:

> On Monday 03 November 2008 13:54 pm, Johan Råde wrote:
>> What is the rationale for ditching boost::trackable?
>
> It's not thread-safe. I'm not opposed to including an implementation of it
> for backwards compatibility though. It does seem like a less painful porting
> path for single-threaded code should be provided.

Yes, the code I'm working on contains 411 calls to connect (I just counted them),
all of them managed using trackable, so porting to signals2 would be a head ache.

Most, but not all, of the objects are managed using shared pointers.
There are also scoped pointers, plain pointers and QPointers.

--Johan