Subject: Re: [boost] location for PDF docs?
From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-04 11:51:18

Paul A Bristow wrote:
>> I can't see where the revision date shown on the first page of the
>> html version, for example:
>>
>> Last revised: November 04, 2008 at 14:22:16 GMT
>>
>> appears on pdf versions.

Nor I.

>> It would be really good if we could make this appear on the pdf?
>> (The pdf file creation is in the Aodbe reader properties, but a last
>> edit date would be better).

Last edit date is problematic: currently quickbook sort of supports that,
but it's the last edit date of the main quickbook file: and if that's just a
bunch of [include]'s then that's not very helpful :-(

I have a long standing feature request/bug report on this, but I suspect
we'd have to make the changes ourselves to get it fixed.

>> (I also note that the math toolkit docs most helpfully include a line
>>
>> "This manual is also available in printer friendly PDF format."
>>
>> where there is a link to the docs - in the .qbk source thus
>>
>> This manual is also available in
>> [@http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/pdf/math/release/math.pdf
>> printer friendly PDF format].
>>
>> If we put the docs in a 'standard' sourceforge location as suggested
>> by Eric, we will need to change this.
>>
>> If we plan to put all the pdf versions somewhere 'standard', it
>> would be helpful for all documentation to include this link (for
>> their stuff).

Nod.

John.