Subject: Re: [boost] [serialization] non-tracking wrapper?
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-11 15:06:27

when this first came up, it thought that it would be possible to do this.
Now that I think about this, I don't see that its possible.

The things that occur to me that could be done would be:

a) include the hack of creating a temporary variable on the stack.

My concern this was that objects are tracked by address. But
if the type of the object is not tracked then there would be
no problem. So I would use BOOST_STATIC_ERROR(
implementation_level<T><= object_serializable
)

b) the above could be included in an rval wrapper.

c) the above could be included in the library itself.

A way to temporarily "turn off" tracking hasn't occured to
me yet. I'm leaving aside the side effects that such
a faclity might cause.

Robert Ramey