Subject: Re: [boost] llvm anyone?
From: Doug Gregor (doug.gregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-12 11:17:24

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 10:53 AM, Giovanni Piero Deretta
<gpderetta_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 4:34 PM, Marshall Clow <marshall_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> At 10:29 AM -0500 11/12/08, Neal Becker wrote:
>>>
>>> Anyone testing on llvm compiler? (I'm trying it now on linux F9 x86_64
>>> llvm-2.4)
>>
>> I believe that the llvm support for C++ is best described as "currently
>> quite limited".
>> I expect this to change over the next year or so, though.
>
> The clang front end is certainly only in an experimental stage,

Right, we're still very early in the development of C++ support for
Clang, but we aim to build an efficient, standards-conforming C++
compiler over the next few years. Clang is a compiler designed as a
library (actually, a set of libraries) with an easy-to-modify modern
C++ code base and a Boost-compatible, BSD-like license, which we hope
will serve as a platform for the development of C++ tools in the
future. We welcome community participation in Clang---testing the
compiler, implementing more C++ features, building tools on top of
Clang, whatever---and invite Boosters to come help us build the next
great open-source C++ compiler.

  - Doug
  (Clang C++ Developer @ Apple)