Subject: [boost] [MPL.Math] ratio
From: Cromwell Enage (sponage_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-12 17:02:50

Hi, all! Sorry I've been out for so long.

I've been reading N2691 for the past couple of days. I just noticed section 20.3, called "compile-time rational arithmetic", and I'm wondering how stable that specification is. I'm also wondering whether or not anyone else has been working on an implementation. A Google search turned up a "Summer of Code" project labeled 'ontl', but the ratio source code is not part of the download or its SVN distribution.

In the meantime, my questions are:
* Should I resume work on MPL.Math? Should I make a different branch, still part of MPL? Or should I fork a separate Boost project altogether?
* If I resume work, should I make the implementation more standards-conformant?

Cheers,
Cromwell D. Enage