Subject: Re: [boost] [MPL.Math] linear solver
From: Steven Watanabe (watanabesj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-13 15:57:24

AMDG

Cromwell Enage wrote:
> We were talking about Steven Watanabe's compile-time linear solver, currently part of Boost.Units. Can you point me in the right direction as to where the implementation is? (My initial guess is <boost/units/detail/linear_algebra.hpp>.)

Yes.

> Documentation would be a big plus, but at least I can read source code.

This is not documented since it is implementation details.

To solve the matrix equation Ax = b, the code
primarily uses Gauss-Jordan elimination
to invert A, although there is a special case when A = I.
(The assumption is that A is likely the be used several
times, so we take advantage of memoization).

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe