Subject: [boost] [c++-sig] A question regarding arguments bindings
From: Sandeep Gupta (gupta.sandeep_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-13 16:55:31

Hi,
 My question is regarding the default behavior of the compiler when there is
mismatch in the argument type
 between binding declaration and function declaration. By default no warning
is generated.

Consider following example:
class A{
public:
   A(const B&);
};

In wrapper, if by mistake (which I made in my code), i write
class_<A>("A", init<B>)
;
The compiler does not complain about no constructor found. Instead for
reasons, beyond my understanding of boost.python, B get passed by value.

My question why doesn't compiler issue at least a warning. Needless to say
i am new to boost.python. My apologies if this is something trivial or well
known.

Thanks
sandeep