Subject: Re: [boost] BOOST_FOREACH slow?
From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-17 12:37:47

Hansi wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have made a few tests with the performance of BOOST_FOREACH. The
> results are for me unexpected slow...may be one has an idea if I make
> something wrong...

<snip>

During FOEACH's review, extensive performance tests showed FOREACH was
only about 5% slower than the hand-coded equivalent on average. I
suspect there may be something wrong with your test. Have you compiled
with full optimizations? Defined NDEBUG? The code you've posted is
obviously not what you are running your benchmarks with -- it takes no
timing measurements. Perhaps you can post your code.

--
Eric Niebler
BoostPro Computing