Subject: Re: [boost] n2427 atomic implementation?
From: Anthony Williams (anthony.ajw_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-19 11:47:28

"vicente.botet" <vicente.botet_at_[hidden]> writes:

> BTW, I was not aware that your future proposal was currently adopted
> by the C++ Standard. Is it?

Yes. It was approved at the October 2008 meeting. See
http://www.justsoftwaresolutions.co.uk/cplusplus/cplusplus-standards-committee-mailing-october-2008.html

> How your 'just::' implementation performs respect to Boost.Thread,
> Boost.Chrono and Boost.Exception?

It is similar in many ways to Boost.Thread, but the condition variable
algorithm has been improved, and the deadlock detection is entirely
new.

I've only glanced at Beman's Boost.Chrono stuff, but it seems similar.

For exception_ptr, my code uses an improved version of the
MSVC-specific code I submitted (but which is not yet included in
Boost.Exception) which allows any exception to be cloned, without
prior registration.

Anthony

--
Anthony Williams