Subject: Re: [boost] math statistical distribution: multivariate gaussian
From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-19 13:56:32

Thijs van den Berg wrote:
>>> Ask here for comments on the design right here: it helps a great
>>> deal to have some docs at this point, as it's easier for folks to
>>> get their heads around. You're also most welcome to fly your ideas
>>> past myself, Paul (Bristow), and whoever else volunteers first of
>>> course :-)
>> Thanks! The docs will be someting I'm going to start on tomorrow.
>> What
>> is a good doc format, and what are good tools for that format?

If the docs are intended to be eventually merged with the existing
Boost.Math docs then it'll have to be quickbook:
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_37_0/doc/html/quickbook.html . Once you get
the hang of the markup language used it's actually very simple, the only
issue is that you can't embed equations directly in the text like you can
with say LaTex, there's some info on how I handled equations here:
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_37_0/libs/math/doc/sf_and_dist/html/math_toolkit/backgrounders/implementation.html#math_toolkit.backgrounders.implementation.creating_and_managing_the_equations
but maybe you can get by without any to begin with?

HTH, John.