Subject: Re: [boost] limit symbol names of fusion::vector
From: Christian Holmquist (c.holmquist_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-19 18:41:20

2008/11/15 Joel de Guzman <joel_at_[hidden]>

> Christian Holmquist wrote:
>
> In essence, can I have fusion::vector2<int, float> from the following:
>>
>> fusion::result_of::as_vector<mpl::vector<int, float>::type >::type
>>

> Ok, I also changed as_vector to return the numbered forms. All
> tests are passing. I think this is a good move as it will lessen
> the number of template instantiations (should make compile times
> faster). So, now:
>
> 1) as_vector returns vectorN
> 2) make_vector returns vectorN

I've tested by copying detail/as_vector.hpp to boost 1.35 and everything
seem to work; it removed by itself 15% of the .pdb file in the project
tested. Compile times seemed to improve as well but I've got no hard numbers
on this (we use a distributed compiler system, so time depends on amount of
machines allocated to me).

Much appreciated!

/ Christian