Subject: Re: [boost] [unicode] Interest Check / Proof of Concept
From: Manuel Fiorelli (manuel.fiorelli_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-20 03:50:35

I am pretty interested in a C++ UNICODE library, since it could be used as a
foundation for other useful libraries: XML, Spirit and every text-related
tool.

I agree with you that there should be a compatibility layer over other
string classes (eg. QString): iterators, algorithms or an adapter class.

However, I think that Boost should either provide a string class or a
guideline about internationalization, since it is not always obvious how to
manage UNICODE.

For example, Boost.XML (in the sandbox) is parametrized against the String
type, but in the README the author states that this mechanism needs other
work.

I would like to know how you think to manage the I/O

Manuel Fiorelli