Subject: Re: [boost] Severe shared_ptr limitation WRT dynamically loadedlibraries
From: J.D. Herron (jotadehace_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-20 11:23:32

Thank you for another good suggestion Jarrad. This could certainly be done
and would get around the problems with some other workarounds but it now
forces all developers of factories to construct the shared_ptrs with special
deleters. Granted this is really just a slight inconvenience but I'm also
dealing with lots of legacy. This is certainly a viable work around but I'd
still like to see a way that the shared_ptr implementation itself could
handle this situation better.

J.D.

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 6:47 AM, Jarrad Waterloo <jwaterloo_at_[hidden]