Subject: Re: [boost] [signals2][review] signals2 review results
From: vicente.botet (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-21 01:40:44

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stjepan Rajko" <stjepan.rajko_at_[hidden]>
To: <boost_at_[hidden]>; "boost users" <boost-users_at_[hidden]>; <boost-announce_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2008 6:25 AM

** signals2 review results **

> I am pleased to announce that the signals2 library by Frank Mori Hess
> is accepted into boost, pending some conditions outlined below are
> met.

Hi,

I expected at least a mini review after library modification. Anyway congratulations Franz for the reviev result.

I would like to make some suggestion to improve the review management:

* I had notice only at the end of the the review that the review tokes place on two mailing lists (devel ans user). Maybe this is usaual on Boost reviews but I was not aware. It will be more transaparent if all the reviews were posted to the same mailing list, maybe a specific one should be created.

* From the 5 committing reviewers making this review possible only 3 made a review and 2 of them late. I'm wondering if this new rule must be preserved as the review can be accepted without the commiting reviewers review.

* There were some reviews that came into this list by the intermediation of the review manager with a delay between the posting of the reviwer and forward from the RM. One negative review posted the 4th and reveived in this list the 11th other positive posted the 2nd and received in this list 3rd. I think that the review manager should not encourage the reviewers to send the reviews to himself. This will avoid this kind of delays. So I purpose that only the reviews sent to this single mailing list must be taken in account.

* Even if the review was over the 10th there were 2 accepting reviews comming from the commiting reviewers just some hours before the review result annoncement 19th. I think that the review manager must state clearly when the review is over and do not accept any review after. This do not means that the RMcannot change this date, but annnce it clearly.

I hope this will help to improve future reviews,

Vicente