Subject: Re: [boost] Is Boost.Range broken?
From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-21 18:36:27

on Fri Nov 21 2008, Tomas Puverle <Tomas.Puverle-AT-morganstanley.com> wrote:

> I decided to split off this part of another thread to try to get a consensus on
> the changes that occurred in Boost.Range with boost 1.35. The background is
> discussed elsewhere. What I'd like to do here is to come to an agreement with
> Thorsten and other developers on the following issues:
>
> 1) Is the change in the behaviour of Boost.Range in fact a defect?
> 2) What should be done about it?
>
> Here are the reasons why I think Boost.Range is broken:

I think you're assuming way too much about people's familiarity with the
problems. The things you are saying sound serious, but I certainly
don't know enough about the way Range used to work and the nature of the
change to evaluate most of what you wrote here. Please lay out,
specifically, how things used to work and how they work now.

Thanks,

--
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing