Subject: [boost] [quickbook] Problem integrating doxygen style examples into quickbook
From: Joachim Faulhaber (afojgo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-22 12:43:36

Hello,

I successfully installed the quickbook toolchain
and I am joyfully using the tool to write docs for
my library. (Thank you, to the authors:-)

One of the things I like is the doxygen integration.
But I have encountered a problem here: I guess my
problem is a typical one that other authors might
share.

I already have example files that are using doxygen
style documentation. The documenting texts are
in the example file so it's easy to maintain:

----------- boost_party.cpp ---------------------
/** Example boost_party.cpp \file boost_party.cpp
Text documenting this example using <em>doxygen</em>
style formatting features.
Finally there is an include command that allows
to insert the example code to this introductory text:
\include boost_party/boost_party.cpp
*/
#include <boost/.../some.hpp>
class to_be_documented { ... }
... //more code

Now I would like to recycle text and code for
quickbook such that
(1) Text and code can stay in the example file.
(2) Text and code don't have to be replicated some
    place else (e.g. in example.qbk).
(3) There is only a minimal additional formatting
    noise, so the example file itself stays readable.

What I've learned so far is to bring the code
(or snipplet parts of it) into quickbook:
//[example_boost_party
#include <boost/.../some.hpp>
class to_be_documented { ... }
... //more code