Subject: Re: [boost] [MPL] new run-time algorithm: for_all
From: George van Venrooij (george.van.venrooij_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-23 12:47:32

Joe Gottman wrote:

> 1) The name isn't informative. How about something like
> mpl::all_combinations to better say what the function actually does?

I admit the name is terrible :-) It's a placeholder until I can find out
how it should be called.

I've considered using the word "combinations", but in statistics it has
a different meaning than what this algorithm does, so that's why I
didn't pick it.

> 2) You should mention in the documentation that the number of
> sequences returned can get very big very fast. For instance, given six
> input sequences with 10 elements each, this function will return 1
> million sequences of 6 elements each.

Good suggestion, I should add this as a caution to the user.

George van Venrooij
Organic Vectory
http://www.organicvectory.com