Subject: Re: [boost] Breaking existing libraries
From: vicente.botet (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-23 13:51:06

----- Original Message -----
From: "Johan Nilsson" <r.johan.nilsson_at_[hidden]>
To: <boost_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Sunday, November 23, 2008 7:27 PM

> "vicente.botet" <vicente.botet_at_[hidden]> skrev i meddelandet news:3E6A91215D384FF9AD7BFB070DDD16F7_at_viboes1...

Daniel Walker has expresed this better
"Once accepted, the tests
should be a verification that the library does what the community
voted on. The tests are a verification of quality. At that point, I
think it might be a good idea to quarantine the tests, take them out
of the authors hands, and put them under the stewardship of a
benevolent dictator of boost as a whole so that they can be used to
assure that the library does what the community voted on.
"
If we need to change while we make evolulion on a library this is a symptom the interface has changed and the same way the test is broken, the user code canbe broken. If we forbid this test changes, we are able to identify breaking changes.

Vicenet