Subject: Re: [boost] Breaking existing libraries
From: vicente.botet (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-23 16:19:22

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dave Handley" <dave_at_[hidden]>
To: <boost_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Sunday, November 23, 2008 9:43 PM

>> I have looked it up, and its not documented. Period.
>>
>> Anyway, I'm sorry you feel the way you do. I don't intentionally try
>> to break people's code, and I have put an enourmous effort into the code
>> I've submitted to boost.
>>
>> FWIW, boost.range is not changing anymore.
>
> Unfortunately, you've already broken my confidence - unless of course, we
> can come up with a decent compromise on this which seems further away by the
> hour.

Hi,

I would want toknow what we can do in cases like this one. There is some people that think that an evolution is need (in this case commig baclk to an olv bhavior).
The library maintainer do not accepts this evolution.

Can someone propose a new library to Boost using other workspace and namespace (e.g. range2) which is a copy of the original one, adding the requested functionality? (I'm not sure this was the case for the Signals2 library)

Thanks,
Vicente