Subject: Re: [boost] [MPL] new run-time algorithm: for_all
From: Larry Evans (cppljevans_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-24 11:54:17

On 11/24/08 09:46, George van Venrooij wrote:
> James Philbin wrote:
>>
>> I think it's technically an n-ary Cartesian Product:
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cartesian_product, though I think other
>> languages just call it a Cartesian Product:
>> http://www.sagemath.org/doc/ref/module-sage.combinat.cartesian-product.html.
>>

>> James
>
> Thanks James, this is exactly what I was looking for. I will rename it
> to cartesian_product.
>
> By the way, is it possible to submit new algorithms for possible
> inclusion into the MPL? Or is the library considered to be "finished"?

George, earlier this year, there was yet another person who had
a proposed solution:

   http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/171761

The OP in that thread benchmarked the solution:

   http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/171761/focus=172030

I'd guess that before anything is adopted when there are several
alternatives, the pros/cons and a benchmark comparing the alternatives
would be desirable.

-regards,
Larry