Subject: Re: [boost] Is Boost.Range broken?
From: Tomas Puverle (Tomas.Puverle_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-24 22:46:30

> I would like to encourage you to post so that as those of us attempting to
> resolve the remaining issues

Neil,

Thank you for the encouragment. I tried responding to all relevant posts
tonight.

> I fully expect to have an "old behaviour"
> class to compliment iterator_range ready for the vault within a week or
> two.

I appreciate your efforts - having said that, please don't implement it on
my behalf.
I have to find a workable solution sooner than that. iterator_range
provided me and my users with some niceties. I now have to go and
re-evaluate my design.
However, I am confident we will look at and use your library once it's in
boost.

> Your email gives the impression that somehow the response has been
> unsatisfactory. What is it that you additionally expect to occur?

Sometimes it seemed that people were not willing to see that different use
cases exist - and posting here sometimes feels like stirring a hornets'
nest.

Thinking about any positives to take away, I see the following: a) I've
learnt a few things b) there are people here who are still interested in
helping and collaboration.
The negatives: Too much arguing about fringe issues, which completely
obscures the relevant discussion
Best regards,

Tom