Subject: Re: [boost] Support for std::nested_exception in Boost.Exception?
From: Chris Newbold (Chris.Newbold_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-25 10:41:56

I have found wrapping to be the only viable way to deal with large, heterogeneous systems built atop many libraries from disparate sources which cannot be modified to integrate into a unified exception hierarchy. I agree that the ability to augment exceptions is much cleaner, but when the "original" exception isn't a boost::exception, I need a clean way to bridge it into the world of boost::exceptions.

Anyway, std::nested_exception looks pretty trivial to implement given the bits that already exist in Boost.Exception. Would you be open to a patch providing an implementation?

-Chris