Subject: [boost] [Thread] Win32 exception handling
From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-25 13:05:05

I talked to an organization a few days ago that wasn't using
Boost.Thread because of the catch(...) clause in the thread launching
functions. They wanted the usual Win32 termination behavior (where you
get a stack backtrace) instead. While that might seem like a silly
reason not to use Boost.Thread, it's legitimate.

I told them about several ways to work around that issue, but I think
all of them are more hassle and provide a less useful result (to them)
than simply letting the exception leak. I wonder if the that would be a
conforming implementation, whether a call to terminate() is required,
and whether a preprocessor switch to allow exceptions to leak would be a
good idea?

--
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing