Subject: Re: [boost] [Boost-users] Maintenace Guidelines wiki page
From: Tomas Puverle (Tomas.Puverle_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-25 23:16:15

"Daniel Walker" <daniel.j.walker_at_[hidden]> wrote in message

> I'm looking at the 1.37 docs right now and I don't see size(r). It
> should be here
> http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_37_0/libs/range/doc/range.html#forward_range

Yes, I was agreeing with that.

I was referring to the change of description of size() on

http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_37_0/libs/range/doc/headers.html

vs

http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_33_1/libs/range/doc/headers.html

> If you're using it at all, it's not part of the concept definitions.
> So formally, you can't assume that all types modeling ForwardRange
> support it.

I was just reinforcing your point and showing that it was another case where
the new Range broke my code.

> size functions usually only require ForwardIterators, though the
> implementation is more time efficient for RandomAccess. See
> std::distance().

Of course. Again, I was in agreement and just ruing the change. It just
means I just had to go and
re-implement the old behaviour myself, and changing the locations using it.

Tom