Subject: [boost] [utility/swap] boost::swap release update
From: Niels Dekker - mail address until 2010-10-10 (niels_address_until_2010-10-10_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-27 14:50:43

As far as I'm concerned, the boost::swap utility is now ready to be used
within other Boost libraries, at the release branch. Joseph Gauterin
has merged the utility from the trunk to the release branch two weeks
ago, and its release regression page is now entirely green:
http://www.boost.org/development/tests/release/developer/utility-swap_.html

Just to remind you: The boost::swap utility makes it easier to swap two
objects of the same type in a generic and efficient way, because it
tries to find the most appropriate swap overload by argument-dependent
lookup (ADL), whenever applicable. Thereby it works around the issues
some compilers appear to have regarding ADL. The boost::swap utility
also supports swapping built-in arrays. The utility was developed with
help from David Abrahams and Steven Watanabe.

See also:
http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/branches/release/libs/utility/swap.html
http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/branches/release/boost/utility/swap.hpp

BTW, I've just added a boost::swap overload to the release version of
Fernando Cacciola's value_initialized (utility/value_init.hpp), which is
actually implemented by calling the boost::swap utility:
https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/changeset/49967 According to the
following ticket: https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/2243

Unswappably yours,

  Niels