Subject: Re: [boost] Breaking existing libraries
From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-30 19:35:18

on Mon Nov 24 2008, "Tomas Puverle" <Tomas.Puverle-AT-morganstanley.com> wrote:

>> Aside from skirmishes over the meaning of life, I thought the opposite.
>
> This isn't intended as a jibe, but what do you think is the outcome of the
> discussion so far?
>
> It seems like we've agreed on nothing.

You didn't seem to take Thorsten's offer very seriously.

> Nothing is changing.

"nothing has changed yet" != "nothing is changing"

> I don't feel like we've achieved much.

I believe we've achieved some understanding about the problem and the
specifics of the new and old designs.

> My only hope is that at least people will be more mindful of changing
> things in the future. At least that would be some kind of result.

Yes it would. But I think we can reasonably hope to do better than that.

--
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing