Subject: Re: [boost] [review][constrained_value] Review of ConstrainedValueLibrary begins today
From: Robert Kawulak (robert.kawulak_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-12-02 20:02:09

> From: Zach Laine

> Yet another use case would be "close enough is good enough". If the
> bounds are within a user-defined epsilon of either boundary.

If I understand correctly, this does not solve the problem either. Let's assume
you have two values: x and y, where x = y + eps (eps being the user-defined
margin of error). One comparison of x and y would indicate their equality (the
difference is not greater than eps), while another one might not if x got
truncated in the meantime (and y didn't).

> In any case, it sounds like this is not something that you're
> interested in putting in to the library.

If you mean built-in FP support -- not at the moment and not by myself.

Best regards,
Robert