Subject: Re: [boost] [boost.build] should we not define _SECURE_SCL=0 by default for all msvc toolsets
From: Neil Groves (neil_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-12-04 10:13:03

Thorsten,

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 3:05 PM, Thorsten Ottosen <
thorsten.ottosen_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Is there are reason why we do not compile with this flag set by default?
> Are there any users of Boost out there which actually wants the securuty
> mode turned on?

I personally prefer to have _SECURE_SCL=0 in Release builds too. For users
that also have to build against other libraries that are provided as
precompiled binaries that use the MSVC defaults this would break things. The
_SECURE_SCL setting changes the ABI.

> If not, then I suggest that we change the build settings.

I think it would be ok to allow both options, but probably the default
should equal the Microsoft default with an easy way to opt-out of the
madness!