Subject: Re: [boost] Excellent factory style design pattern implementation
From: Stjepan Rajko (stjepan.rajko_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-12-04 12:03:26

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 4:35 AM, George van Venrooij
<george.van.venrooij_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>> Have you take a look on the Boost.Factory library from Tobias Schwinger
>> accepted the 2007-12-30. This library has not been yet added to Boost, you
>> can get it from the Vault.
>>

> The Boost.Factory library seems to be something completely different. The
> boost-centric-factory-pattern-implementation library is definitely something
> I will try out as its implementation seems very complete and fits nicely
> into what I plan to do in the near future.

Indeed, Boost.Factory is a set of function object adaptors for dynamic
or value construction (it is also referred to as
Boost.Functional/Factory). Very useful in it's own right, but
different from the library the OP mentioned.

I've used Boost.Functional/Factory in developing an object factory
class that is much, much less developed than the mentioned
boost-centric-factory-pattern-implementation - but in concert with
Boost.Fusion, Boost.Factory made the implemenation rather
straightforward. Perhaps the author of
boost-centric-factory-pattern-implementation can find it useful to
enhance his own library (which I also find interesting and would like
to take a closer look when I get some time).

Stjepan