Subject: Re: [boost] [review][constrained_value] Review of Constrained Value Library begins today
From: Robert Kawulak (robert.kawulak_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-12-05 21:36:15

> From: Robert Kawulak
> 2008/12/5 Neal Becker <ndbecker2_at_[hidden]>:
> > How about, floating point is allowed, but the results may
> sometimes be surprising?
>
> If the surprise consists of breaking the invariant, I'm not
> convinced...

Moreover, isn't your proposition actually similar to the current state?
Technically, there are no limitations in the library to prevent you from
defining bounded<float> ("floating point is allowed"). But the advice in the
documentation ("don't use built-in floating point types with this library (until
you really know what you're doing)") can be interpreted as "the results may
sometimes be surprising".

Best regards,
Robert