Subject: Re: [boost] [review][constrained_value] Review of Constrained ValueLibrary begins today
From: Robert Kawulak (robert.kawulak_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-12-07 13:13:06

> From: Neal Becker

> But, the limitations on floating point
> comparisons are/were always there, and those who care should
> already be aware of them.

Even discussions during this review show how people are *not* aware of the
limitations and are very surprised to learn about them. I think the lack of the
awarness is common because the behaviour of FP is far from what one could call
"normal" or intuitive.

> All that happens, I think, is that when you assign a result
> to the constrained float type, it may or may not violate the
> constraint if it is very close to the limit. Sounds to me
> that it's still a useful construct.

OK, I'll explain this in the docs.

Best regards,
Robert