Subject: Re: [boost] [iterators] zip_iterator doesn't work with GCC's TR1 tuple?
From: Shayne_Fletcher_at_[hidden]
Date: 2008-12-09 23:34:19

Joel de Guzman wrote on 10/12/2008 13:19:34:

> Dean Michael Berris wrote:
> > On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 1:37 AM, David Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]>
wrote:
> >> Here:
> >>
> >> http://svn.boost.

org/svn/boost/branches/zip_iterator_fusion/boost/boost/iterator/zip_iterator.
> hpp
> >>

> > Thanks Dave, I'll give this a try.
>
> It needs a little work for fusion still. While fusion is TR1
> savvy, it thinks (through Boost TR1 [http://tinyurl.com/5awnzn])
> that it *is* TR1. Not any other rendition of it. So, fusion
> needs to somehow detect which TR1 version you are using (Boost
> or gcc). In the case of Boost, nothing needs to be done. In the
> case of GCC's, fusion needs an adapter similar to that of
> fusion/boost_tuple adapter.
>
> Any suggestion on a better way to do the mapping/adapting
> appreciated. Adapting fusion to any other tuple-like entity
> is easy (Dean, you might want to give it a try, patch welcome).
> The tricky part is how to disable the one over the other on
> availability.

It should be also noted that Dave's program as posted will need a little
work to be made compatible with the current state of fusion. It appears to
have been based on a pre-review version.

--
Shayne Fletcher
This e-mail, including attachments, is intended for the person(s) or company named and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information. Unauthorized disclosure, copying or use of this information may be unlawful and is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message and notify the sender.