Subject: Re: [boost] [Boost-users] tweaking the review process
From: Fabio Fracassi (f.fracassi_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-12-19 06:42:50

David Abrahams schrieb:
> on Wed Dec 17 2008, Fabio Fracassi <f.fracassi-AT-gmx.net> wrote:
>
>> David Abrahams schrieb:
>>> on Mon Dec 15 2008, John Phillips <phillips-AT-mps.ohio-state.edu> wrote:
>> [...]
>> user
>>> An announcement is one thing; instructing people to post their reviews
>>> in the same list is a different thing entirely.
>>>
>> You don't have to, it happens almost automatically if you are not
>> careful. Many people write their Review as a reply to the original
>> announcement, and if you are not extra careful to remove the user list
>> from the recipients your review gets send to both lists.
>
> The poster of the announcement should make it clear how to post a
> review. I never liked the idea of reviews showing up in the list with
> the subject "Review period for Boost.XXXX begins today" anyway. Also
> s/he can set the Reply-To: field.

When using thunderbird as a client to the gmane news gateway the Reply
to fields don't seem to work though.
I don't know if there is a technical solution to this particular problem.

Beside this I agree with you, if the original anouncement clearly states
  that reviews and followups should go to .devel.
Still I think that sometimes some messages might go astray and maybe we
should suggest that the review manager and/or the submitter should have
an eye on the users list, so that nothing is lost. (and maybe forward
those strays to .devel)

Regards

Fabio