Subject: Re: [boost] Novice Problem
From: Neil Groves (neil_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-12-31 05:35:18

Hello,

On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 5:28 AM, master master <master_4_master_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> This code is running in codepad
> http://boost.codepad.org/ybbmMUEc (available ony for 24 hrs)
>

> But when I run this at my side it gives error
>

> 1>------ Build started: Project: stringmanipulation, Configuration: Debug
> Win32 ------
> 1>Compiling...
> 1>stringcases.cpp
> 1>c:\documents and settings\administrator\my documents\visual studio
> 2008\projects\formattesting\stringmanipulation\stringcases.cpp(115) : error
> C2275: 'std::string' : illegal use of this type as an expression
> 1>c:\documents and settings\administrator\my documents\visual studio
> 2008\projects\formattesting\stringmanipulation\stringcases.cpp(115) : error
> C2146: syntax error : missing ')' before identifier 'elem'
> 1>c:\documents and settings\administrator\my documents\visual studio
> 2008\projects\formattesting\stringmanipulation\stringcases.cpp(115) : error
> C2059: syntax error : ')'
> 1>c:\documents and settings\administrator\my documents\visual studio
> 2008\projects\formattesting\stringmanipulation\stringcases.cpp(116) : error
> C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '{'
> 1>c:\documents and settings\administrator\my documents\visual studio
> 2008\projects\formattesting\stringmanipulation\stringcases.cpp(117) : error
> C2065: 'elem' : undeclared identifier
> 1>c:\documents and settings\administrator\my documents\visual studio
> 2008\projects\formattesting\stringmanipulation\stringcases.cpp(115) : error
> C3861: 'BOOST_FOREACH': identifier not found
> 1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My
> Documents\Visual Studio
> 2008\Projects\FormatTesting\stringmanipulation\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
> 1>stringmanipulation - 6 error(s), 0 warning(s)
> ========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
>
> If I comment BOOST_FOREACH loop every thing runs fine. Where is the
> problem???

You haven't included foreach.hpp. The error message often contains the most
relevant information at the end of the list of errors in Visual C++. The
C3861 error is often due to either a missing include, or a wrong namespace,

#include <boost/foreach.hpp>

> I am using VC 9.0 (Visual Studio 2008) and boost_1_36_0. If this issue is
> already solved in boost 1.37 then which lib I need to download from trunk.
> Give me url like this
> http://cgs.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/trac/vrs/browser/trunk/3rd-party/boost-1.36.0/lib_win32?rev=6507

There is nothing in Boost to fix.

I hope this helps.