Subject: Re: [boost] segemented iterator support?
From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-02 00:57:50

on Wed Dec 31 2008, Eric Niebler <eric-AT-boost-consulting.com> wrote:

> k-oli_at_[hidden] wrote:
>> Does boost support a kind of segemented iterator (Segmented Iterators and
>> Hierarchical Algorithms, Matthew H. Austern)?
>>

> No. There isn't a library of algorithms in Boost. If there were, it
> might be advantageous to have hierarchical forms for some, but these
> would need to be privy to the internal details of the iterators passed
> to it, which wouldn't be the case in general.

Well, I think that part about "privy to internal details" is a bit
strong at best. They could be privy to a common generic interface for
segmented iterators as suggested by Matt A. in his paper. You can get
Matt's paper here: http://lafstern.org/matt/publications.html

--
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing