Subject: Re: [boost] [move] Unifying move emulation code in boost
From: Ion Gaztañaga (igaztanaga_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-05 08:53:56

Daniel James wrote:
> Move only types are possible (see the attached example, it uses the
> library at http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/move, although I
> haven't updated the documentation yet.

Ok, they current code in sandbox/move is based on Adobe's move library,
but from what you say, Adobe's Regular requirement is not enforced but
this emulation, which is good for us.

> I'm probably not going to have any time to work on this in the near
> future, as I've got a few website and documentation tasks to do before
> the next release. I naively assumed that all I'd need to do was
> boostify the adobe library, but it ended up being a larger task. So if
> you want to take it on or do something different feel free.

Ok. If this goes forward, I can try to experiment with unordered and try
to test if porting is easy (I suppose there won't be big problems, once
we replace boost::unordered_detail::move_from with boost::detail::rv).

> Daniel

Thanks,

Ion