Subject: Re: [boost] XML Digester
From: Stefan Seefeld (seefeld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-05 18:01:09

Themis,

I have a couple of questions / comments that I think already came up
when you reached out for comments a couple of months ago:

I believe what you suggest is a useful feature to have. However, I don't
think the fact that the file format that you read in is using XML has
any particular impact on the features. In other words, you may provide
an API that is agnostic to the file format, and then implement it using
different 'backends', one of which is based on XML.

In particular, couldn't you implement the whole library in terms of
boost.serialization ? What about the boost.xml sandbox project (of which
I'm the author) ?

Thanks,
       Stefan