Subject: Re: [boost] MSVC9 SFINAE quirks?
From: Steven Watanabe (watanabesj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-07 22:04:47

AMDG

Simonson, Lucanus J wrote:
> Is there some gotcha about metaprogramming with MSVC9?

I've run into some bizarre behavior when using SFINAE for
class templates, but I don't remember any specific problems
with function templates.

> I recently finished my geometry library rewrite and found that I couldn't port it to windows because the SFINAE overloading of generic functions is viewed as ambiguous in the more complex cases, but was readily accepted by gcc and icc in linux.
>
> The following code compiles in recent versions of gcc, but fails in MSVC9
>
> <snip>
>
> Does someone like Steve Wanatabe with more experience with MS compilers know what I have inadvertently run afoul of and how to get myself out of this jam?

I can take a look at it if I have a full test case to work with.
Where can I get the current version of gtl?
https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/gtl is old.

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe