Subject: [boost] [Review] UUID review results
From: Hartmut Kaiser (hartmut.kaiser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-12 09:28:35

Hi all,

Some while ago we have had a lively discussion during the review of Andy
Thompkin's UUID library. I counted 11 votes, 10 'yes' votes and one 'no'
vote. IMHO the 'no' vote has been superseded by the followup discussion and
all issues have been resolved.

Almost all reviewers stated the UUID library to be very useful. Given the
overwhelming number of 'yes' votes the UUID library is accepted for
inclusion into Boost. Before inclusion into the Boost SVN Andy will need to
fix a couple of minor issues as discussed during the review, some of which
are:

- POD-ness
- lexical_cast
- default construction

Congratulations to Andy for his effort related to pushing the UUID library
forward. I hope to see active development and maintenance of this library in
the future.

Regards Hartmut
Review Manager