Subject: Re: [boost] [scope_exit] Doesn't included in Boost yet?
From: Alexander Nasonov (alnsn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-13 05:24:01

Dmitriy Maksimov <dmitriy.maksimov <at> redoxygen.com> writes:
> Hi,
>
> I didn't found boost::scope_exit library in Boost 1.37 althougth the library
> approved in May 2008.
> Why?

Hi Dmitriy,
I commited code and tests on the last day for new libraries (Dec 20th) but the
commit didn't appear in the repository. I didn't realise that my commit
required prior approvals (I later re-read the guide and found this requirement)
so it could be rejected by svn admin. I wrote to Beman few days later but got
no reply.

As we're getting closer to C++0x with lambdas, scope_exit becomes less
attractive because one can write something like:

using boost::multi_index::detail;
scope_guard g = make_guard( [&a, b]() -> void { /* … */ } );

Alex