Subject: Re: [boost] [random] A much faster Poisson variate generation
From: Ross Levine (ross.levine_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-14 15:13:29

I have removed the MPL: the code was there to use an int instead of a
long for the factorial lookup table if the size of an int was large
enough. Ultimately, the rare case in which this would be useful (when
8 <= sizeof(int) < sizeof(long)) is not worth code that won't compile
on some compilers.
The class now has an empty reset() member function for compatibility,
and passes random_test.cpp's test_main function as well, and can serve
as a drop-in replacement of the existing poisson_distribution.hpp
file. Notably, operator<< and operator>> are compatible with the old
version, streaming only the mean.

I am unaware of how to officially submit this header, and where to
change documentation.

Thanks,

Ross